Setting Up Your Menu Availability and Lunch Ordering Schedule
What shows on your menu is determined by the settings on your individual lunch items. When an item is created, its default setting is to appear on the menu every day. However, if the item is not sold every day, there is an option to limit its availability. This allows you to pick which days the items will show on the menu.
When the menu is available to the parent will be determined by the Lunch Order Schedule that is under the Lunch Module Settings.
Setting Up the Menu Availability
NOTE: Items will recur automatically each day if no limitations are set here. If you add a lunch item that is available daily, you do not have to follow these steps after creating the item.
Click the clock icon in the item's options.
- Choose either "Repeat this item" or "Specific Day".
Repeat this item - choose this if the item repeats in specific patterns.
- Repeat for consecutive weeks or days - this option will allow you to choose specific days that items will be available each week. i.e. Pizza day is every Friday.
- Repeat for non-consecutive weeks or days - this option will allow you to choose specific days that items will be available for alternating weeks. i.e. Pizza day is every other Friday.
b. Specific Day - choose this option if the item never repeats
Setting up the Lunch Ordering Schedule
Same Day Order Schedule - Choose this option if you have a cut off time on the day of the ordered lunch.
- Weekly Order Schedule - Choose this option if you only allow ordering on certain days.
Select which days of the week you want to the parents to order.
If you still have a cut off time of the day of ordering, use this option in addition to the Same Day option.
Custom Order Schedule - Choose this option during irregular weeks where ordering may be limited.
- Advanced Order Schedule - Choose this option if you require parents to order lunches either the day before or the week before the lunch date.
Daily - select this if you require the parent to order a day in advance.
b. Weekly - select this if you require the parent to order a week in advance.