How do I clear my cache to improve performance?
MySchoolWorx can be accessed from any browser; however, we recommend using either Google Chrome or Safari.
The cache on your browser stores images and files from sites you visit frequently, in order for those sites to load faster each time you go to them. Sometimes in that storing process, things can go wrong or don't get updated. When that happens the cache needs to be emptied or cleared. In our case, our support techs will often recommend you clear your cache as a first step to resolving an issue.
This article is broken up into 4 categories:
1. To Clear Your Cache in Google Chrome on a Laptop/Desktop
2. To Clear Your Cache in Google Chrome on Your iOS Device
3. To Clear Your Cache in Safari on a Laptop/Desktop
4. To Clear Your Cache in Safari on Your iOS Device
To Clear Your Cache in Google Chrome on a Laptop/Desktop:
1. Click on the Menu in the top right:
2. Select More Tools, then Clear Browsing Data:
3. In the pop up, select Cached images and files. And set the time range as 'All time'. Then click 'Clear Data':
To Clear Your Cache in Google Chrome on Your iOS device
1. Open the browser, click the menu at the bottom right, and click 'History':
2. Click 'Clear Browsing Data' at the bottom of the History page:
3. Select 'Cached Images and Files', and then click 'Clear Browsing Data' at the bottom of the page:
To Clear Your Cache in Safari on Your Laptop/Desktop:
1. Click Safari, then Preferences:
2. Click on 'Advanced', and then check 'Show Develop menu in menu bar':
3. Click on the new Develop menu option, and then click 'Empty Caches':
To Clear Your Cache in Safari on Your iOS device
1. Go to Settings, scroll down, and then click Safari:
2. Click 'Clear History and Website Data' and then a message will pop up at the bottom. Click 'Clear History and Data' to confirm at the bottom: